Global Onsite is very proud to announce today that we are now officially a Certified Accumulator Service Center in Norway.
After an intensive training program and a meticulous audit of Global Onsite personnel’s technical skills, expertise and quality of assembly, whilst complying with the required safety standards as stipulated by Parker Hannifin. Global Onsite has been certified as a Parker Accumulator Service Center. This adds to our certification portfolio as we are already DNV Certified.
What does this mean?
Parker Accumulator Service Centres have been established to optimize customer systems by combining industry-leading products backed by excellent service, to deliver stress-free accumulator management with maximized performance, efficiency and safety.
We are now able to offer an integrated solution that combines products, services and technologies on an on-site basis. The use of original spare parts provides tangible benefits including shorter inspection time and the reduction of complexity help to lower costs and save time.
We can utilize the Parker Tracking System (PTS) which helps schedule accumulator maintenance, providing automated notifications on inspections and replacement parts.
Safety First - Improving safety for operators by:
• Utilizing engineers with expert product knowledge in accumulator technology and regulation.
Reduction in time and costs from:
• Simplified logistics and documentation
• Simplification of administration required to comply with regulation/legislation
Reduced downtime and increased productivity through:
• Warranty validation and preventative maintenance to increase reliability and protect the hydraulic system against loss of performance
• Reduction of the inspection time
• Implementation of preventative maintenance
We have the knowledge, expertise and capabilities to deliver a comprehensive service that covers:
Regulatory compliance and certification:
• Hydraulic accumulator re-certification
• Provision of tracking systems, data monitoring and recording
• Optimising customer documentation to fulfil regulatory requirements
• Local pressure vessel regulation
• Audits, scheduled inspections and replacement parts
• System design and improvement (including Hydraulic Power Units and Accumulator Racks, calculation, training and measurement)
• Accumulator replacement
Hydraulic accumulator maintenance and pre-charging:
• Full service for just in time solutions and breakdown repairs
• Full service for replacement and planned/preventative maintenance
• Commissioning/testing (on-site)
• Bladder and Piston Seal replacement
• Gas pre-charge control and re-charge
• Energy and efficiency audits
• Risk assessment and servicing of safety equipment
• Asset condition monitoring and prognostics (sensors)
• Legal conformity and insurance cover
• Enabling customers to exploit the potential of Condition Monitoring, Industry 4.0 and the use of IoT